Monday, April 21, 2008

Family Home Evening

You all know how it is, Family Home Evening lasts all of 1 minute. Then each child is sidetracked, by the matchbox car on the carpet, the scab on their arm, the incredible carpet fibers or their little brother who instantly becomes the star of the show.

We were attempting a lesson on tithing from the General Conference Talks. The following video is the majority of our FHE. After that it was me asking the kids to sit down, sit down, be quiet, listen to dad, put your hands on your knees, what did dad just say? I am sure I am not the only one that has lived through such productive FHE's.

But, the kids had a wonderful time playing Ring Around the Rosies and Head Shoulders Knees and Toes. I think they even learned something about where 1/10th of our money and where it goes.

4 comments:

Caleb and Casey said...

I love your kidlets. They are so cute and seem to be good pals. I wish I could have seen them at Bud's wedding too, but I guess it was good enough to just see you there. You're a good one Gutz.

Jana Dille said...

That was a cute video! I love how they are all in on it! I don't have your blog link yet so I don't check on you as much, but I love seeing what your up too. Thanks for the message and I am definitely feeling better. Talk to you soon> Jana

Jessie said...

Guts, I am glad that you at least try to do FHE. We only have one little boy and it is hard to get a good lesson in. I guess it only gets harder from there huh?

Tiffani Makely said...

Boy, did this make me chuckle. FHE in our home is always a surprise. I have finally gotten over trying to have the perfect FHE and just try to have a nice time. Usually our lessons are 1 min. long too, unless one of the kids is doing the lesson. Somehow they seem to like lessons given by each other more than those given by mom. I've gotten over that too.
Well, good luck to you on your quest to have a lesson. I figure as soon as they learn to sit still they will be teenagers and a whole new problems will come up!

Tiffani