Tuesday, April 1, 2008

90 Day Dare, Done

Well, it has happened! We made it! 90 long days (well, really it was like 40 LONG days the rest were no problem), of no sugar.

I will tell you what, it has definitely helped me. My long term goal in all this is the self-discipline. I did that, now, can i have a plate of cookies on the counter and only eat one? That is the big next step for me.


Mandy (friend), knocked on my door last night and brought over these for the big event. It was my official break the sugar famine. Now, that I cannot think straight and my heart is racing,....

Nathan has already been to Cold Stone Creamery (his weakness) two times.
The other taste of sugar I had was a small taste of ice cream cake that MJ (neighbor) gave to us a week ago.
My heart is racing and I need to take a rest from the buzz!


5 comments:

mandy said...

Ooooh--I'm so famous. I'm glad I made it cute!

Jessie said...

Hooray!! You did it! I am so proud of you guys. I am really surprised that you were able to make it. Good job! Now go eat a Cadberry Egg or something. :)

McArthurs said...

Hey Guts, i just saw your blog. Pretty cute, and pretty cute kids you've got. I can't believe you went 90 days with no sugar. That's sweet. I'm pretty sure i don't ever want to attempt that. :)

Three Men and a Janie said...

Way to go Guts! I am very proud of you. But don't take Jessie's advice about eating a Cadberry egg - those things give me a sugar high and I eat a lot of sugar anyway!! Better start out with something a little less potent! Keep us updated on how things go.

melissa and nathan said...

I will tell you what, it is like smoking and alcohol, one time back and you are back on 100%! I gotta go cold turkey again. It reeks!