Nathan using the table saw to cut the grooves in the L.L.
Hard to vision the final outcome, but after he cuts the grooves, he then goes back and cuts each section of wood vertically the size of a regular L.L.
Like so. They lack the rounded edges. But, that will come.
Had to add this picture in. Corbin loves to help Daddy. He is sitting watching with the regular size ear protectors on. Nathan is cutting each L.L and pushes them off the table saw into the red tote. So, then I get to do the next step.
Routing the edges. Of course, please don't look at this picture and take it to heart. I look real real sweet.
I am routing the edges to give the rounded finish. I take them from the red tote and then kick them off to another tote. They are complete.
This next picture is of Corbin strutting his stuff, but also showing the L.L.'s and the train table that Nathan and his Dad made for Christmas 2 years ago. By far, one of our best and most used toys we have! They made the containers underneath, complete with Chalkboard paint labels and they roll on wheels. I LOVE them! (The dark L.L.'s are the originals that he copied).
Some other projects.
The frames for our world maps. He surprised me with these for Christmas 2 years ago.
A few other projects:
Savannah's white cubby holder and message board.
There are others, but this is a taste of the not too long ago projects.
9 comments:
I think that photo of you should be on next years xmas card...dang girl - you look HOT! hahaha Okay, don't even get me started with how much tool envy I have right now. Not that if I HAD all those tools it would do one darn of good anyways since I always forget the all important step called "measuring". Highly overrated. And even when I do measure, somehow things STILL don't fit. Those projects are amazing! I still remember that armoire he built when you guys were in Kerman...I was expecting a box with some trim, and when I saw it I about peed my pants! That man's a keeper! And he needs to plan a trip to Texas.
I'm impressed with your skills! I'm also impressed at what a nice wife you are to take over such a big part of it. I have pretty clear "boy job" boundaries at our house. So if you really loved me you would make me something. How about a pinewood derby car? Thanks.
Melissa I love, love those pictures! What a fun family project! Erik and I had a great time playing with the Lincoln logs at Mom's house. Erik tried to make all sorts of tall buildings with small bases... it was fun.
How bout we come up there and Paul can use all your fancy pants woodworking tools to build me something cool? Sounds like a plan, stan.
What fun times for your family. You guys are so creative! I love that black shelf! You should sell those. I know a lot of people who would like one. They are hard to find. I'll have to talk to ya! By the way, your tummy is so cute!
okay I would like to order 6 cubby holders for my disorganized children! Your projects are so inspiring. Please post more!
Pretty impressive projects guys. Back in the day when I knew you guys and lived in the same state, Nathan had about 5 minutes a day to dedicate to projects. I'm glad it's better now.
Melissa - that picture of you with the ear protection is such a "Savannah-look alike". I loved it.
Homemade lincoln logs--what a great idea! That's fun that you and the kids can get in on some of the projects, too.
Linnae
Post a Comment