Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Tan Man

Tanner Boy turned the big number 7 on June 8. I cannot believe my little baby boy is getting so big! I never imagined this. He is such a wonderful tender hearted boy. He is always playing with Corbin and Savannah and wants them to be happy. Tanner is working on the 13th Article of Faith and he will have memorized them all.

He loves to read and just finished a 100 page version of Moby Dick. He loved it. His next challenge is Summer of the Monkeys.


He also loves to use him imagination and build some pretty impressive things with Tinkertoys, legos and lincoln logs.

We sure love our Tanner Boy, Happy Birthday!

It was his year to have a birthday party. He chose to have a Science Themed party. We had a great time.

At our house, the kids get to decorate their own cake, they love it and look forward to it. They get to choose the frosting and sprinkles and how the decorating will take place. Tanner chose to sprinkle red and white sprinkles around the outside edge, orange in the letters (the bottle spilled onto the "a") and he wanted green and black in the middle. My neighbor, MJ (so thoughtful and ate it with a smile of enjoyment) said it looked like a quilt. So nice.

Baby's make anything look fun and delicious!
Corbie had a lot of fun being a part of Tanner' s big day. Tanner was extra nice to help make it fun for Corbin and Savannah.


Tanner opened up his present from G and G Thomsen. Notice the way he says "Moby Dick" with his 2nd present. awesome.

This was an experiment we did with the kids at the birthday party, watching molecules expand (blowing up ivory soap to incredible size).

We also blew up balloons by making CO2 also made slime and goo. We had so much fun.

Happy Birthday Tan Man!


3 comments:

mandy said...

Those are awesome videos! I will have to borrow T's Mobbie Duck. That may be the only version I would actually get through.

Brilliant "decorate your own cake" idea. That would be a big time-saver. Also, MJ ate cake???

Jenny said...

Looks like you all are doing great. Happy Birthday to Tanner.
Fullers

Tanner Perkes said...

So I want details on how to blow up ivory soap. My kids got excited about the giant PEEP they microwaved during easter. Spudman-July 26. I might die!!! I'm so NOT ready. OH well. I would love to see you when it's all over (unless of course I do die).