Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Since school began, it has been Thing 1 and Thing 2 versus me at this house! They scheme and plan then ATTACK! I am their culprit and they love it. My two little blondies!














Don't let this cute face pull you in like it did me. He is sneaky!
In Church last Sunday, he could not get a pretzel out of his baggie, so he just let me know, scream style! He threw the bag on the ground. I immediately put my hand over his mouth knowing he was not going to stop, we awkwardly climbed over Nathan to get into the aisle, having to take my hand off his mouth, he let it rip again, I glance up and there is the congregation looking at us, smiling. Ugh. (empathy right?)
We go out to the foyer for some tie down lap time, I talk to him about books/toys/food inside and out here I just hold you tight (you all know the game).
Venture back into the chapel sit down, he cannot find his car/train or whatever it was and BOOM he played me on it again! (about 30 seconds passed from when we sat down) I climb awkwardly over Nathan again and head back into the foyer for more tie down time. He laughed and laughed. SNEAKY!
One other Sunday while Nathan was across the chapel counting people. Brycen stands up and yells, "Daddy where are you?", I quietly tell him Daddy is over there he will be back. Brycen did not accept the answer, "Daddy (pointing at Nathan waaay over there) Daddy where are you?"



When Nathan is able to help put kids to bed (THANK HEAVENS!) he reads this Thomas catalog to Thing 1 and Thing 2, both in train jammies. They may be cute, but oh how they work to either fight all day or attack me. Trains around here are a love/hate relationship. They LOVE LOVE Thomas, but argue over who has what train and what track and who missed what switch ect. Then they will play great together and I love them again.

We went to WinCo for some major grocery shopping and Thing 1 and Thing 2 thought it would be super fun to yell/scream in the store then laugh and laugh! Corbs is in the cart and Brycen is in the baby part of the cart. Corbs yells then Brycen does, like an echo. I was leaning over Brycen's body asking Corbs to please stop and his echo let it rip right in my ear. Oh these boys!



Thing 2 LOVES to copy and imitate everything Thing 1 does. If Corbs is dancing, Brycen immediately join in. If Corbs heads out to play, his shadow is right behind. If Corbs eats a chicken nugget Brycen will look over at him and set down his food and picks up his own chicken nugget. When Corbs wants milk, Brycen does....all day long.


Oh, how I love these two boys. They received these big wheels from our sweet neighbors and the three of them had a race around the cul-de-sac. Thing 1 was definitely in the lead, Thing 2 working his little feet (like Flintstones) so fast! They play and play together (with some fighting of course) they scheme together, chase each other, bathe together and all out live for each other. I guess I will keep them both! I find myself watching them sleep thinking about what they could be dreaming/scheming up for tomorrow. I better put my armor on and be ready! Anything goes!
































8 comments:

Audrey said...

Haha! What stinkers-but they are so cute! Fun stories!

Jessie said...

Sorry Guts! I will be right there with you in a few months I am sure. What cute little blondies. So glad that you have posted again. Whoa, Brycen has grown up big time.

McArthurs said...

You have your hands full don't ya Guts? It's cute that they do it together though right? :)

Colette said...

Very fun and very creative and very insightful. What a busy life you lead. "Your mother will not mind" -- love you Thing 1 and Thing 2.

camfox said...

Very cute Melissa.

Colette said...

fun, glad you wrote this stuff down; these boys will have stories to tell for a VERY long time

Three Men and a Janie said...

So, for some reason, my blog says you haven't updated for several months... so I've missed these last three posts! I love your version of our running adventures. I loved seeing pictures from your rim to rim run. And I love Thing 1 and Thing 2. They are stinking cute.

Three Men and a Janie said...

Oh, it has been several months - I justed looked at the date on your post...
But still, somehow I missed these... 4 months ago