Friday, September 17, 2010

this and that

We have not disappeared, promise. Just temporarily unavailable. Summer was busy and summer was fun, but school has beckoned the kids back. (yahooo,) So, I purchased the thousand Ticonderoga pencils (we are broke now), crayons, notebooks, dry erase markers and billions of glue sticks and kissed each child onto the school bus! A little taste of freedom!















The rare moment of 4 very happy kids playing together. Tanner of course took the lead and was the source for this. They were protecting the queen. There was no chance she was escaping? or getting captured!

I have to confess, our oldest has been banned from a bedroom. He was not ready for the big basement and Brycen had taken over the 'boys' room. So, Tanner, most of the time Corbin and Savannah all slept in this very girlie room.

The room was ALWAYS a mess! One day I called it a day! I moved Tanner downstairs (pics to come) and found Savannah's floor. She has rather a cute girlie room. AND, she has kept it pretty clean as well!

(maybe confining her collections to only this cute little cubbie drawer bench helped.)


Her cute bedspread that Grandma made. I love it! My future plans, to make cute curtains and a shelf above her window. (she has been asking for 2 years, be patient my dear!)
I had to take pics to prove she has a clean room!

Speaking of my sweet girl, she had a birthday! Big 7 now. I cannot believe it! She had a "Beach Party" and the girls decorated flip flops. They really worked on them. It was fun to see their creativity come out!
Savannah is a wonderful helper and loves to hum her way around the house.








We did a lot of swimming this year. Corbs can float on his back for like 5 feet and swim for like 5 feet! Yahoo! Brycen, poor little tyke, was babysat every swimming day, but one. So, he only got to dream of the pool!















We snuck food into this very fun swimming place. For our birthdays, our wonderful neighbors gave each person in our family a ticket to Roaring Springs. My favorite ride is the Avalanche. I loved it! So, we went up for the day and had a wonderful time together! Plus MJ and Clay joined us and love to babysit Brycen!

(on another note, they are moving and my heart is so sad!)



A taste of what we have done, more to come cause I know you are all dieing to know we did not die!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Yeah! You finally updated. What fun to hear of all that you have done. And wow Savannah's room is amazing. Much different than the last time I saw it. :) Love your 4 kids playing together picture.

Colette said...

Well, I don't know when you posted this, but I have occasionally checked and wondered where you'd gone. Your family is darling and I love that since I am a Mom now, I can use the word, "darling".

Yeeee :-)

Three Men and a Janie said...

Sav's room IS cute! I don't think I've ever seen it clean either! Glad you are still alive after your killer race. You are tough. And "darling". Double YEEEEE

Jenny said...

What a fun creative mom you are! Maybe since we are in Utah for another 8 months we could have a cousin get together! I would love to chat and visit in person.