We had Brycen's Baby Blessing the beginning of this month. Nathan was out of town until Thursday of that week, so my planning, cleaning and prepping was me, myself and I. I must admit, he hauled all the mulch in the wheel barrow then I spread it out. That was a big help. We planted who knows how many flowers. I love flowers and being outside.
The other great thing about that week was that my kids had a horrible cough. Not one you can say "oh, they have a cough", this was one where you had to tell people, "my kids have a really bad cough, so stay away!". I was really worried about Brycen getting it, he did. So, then I worried about him having to go to the hospital cause he was only 6 weeks. He did not. Whew! What a fun week that was! (yes, I dissentfected the house many many times!)
By Saturday, the kids were pretty much healthy, occasional cough. Brycen was in it still. We were still going forward. Sunday, Brycen's cough sounded like an old man, but, he was a star! He was awake for when family showed up before church. Then slept all through church, excpet to be fed. Came home and slept all through dinner! He did GREAT!
They pushed those trains on that table making all sorts of fun sounds all through dinner. Good thing Grandpa was right by them, cause he sure gave a lot of glares! Loved it! They were conjuring up big plans.
The girls sat at the princess table. They would get off and crawl up to the big people (Grandpa) and scare him. Then they would run away giggleing thinking they got him big time!
7 comments:
Those are all fun pics. I want to come back! I love the one of Mac and Corbs in the windows. So, I want everyone to know that I'm really not as fat as that pic of me looks... YIKES! They were just baggy pants. I think Brycen knew that I had "the goods" and he was lookin hard. Okay, now I'm embarrassed that I wrote all that. Should I post it anyway? Oh well.
I really love those pictures of Brycen. I can't believe that your sister beat me to the comments. If you hadn't been over here I would have been first again, I'm sure.
What a cute babe. To me, he looks alot like Nathan. I love the pictures of Mac & Corbs. I think those two are going to be best of friends. The little girl's table was awsome. It reminds me of the good old days, except wasn't it them/us who did the rigging and not the mammas? I am glad that your husbands decided to meet halfway so Jane could stay longer to play the "game called sissa". Thank you for finally posting more pictures of the kiddles. You better find a way to come to Clifton or else visa versa. :)
Melissa, what dang stinkin' cute pics of that babe!!! He's a dream boat!! It's one of those pictures where you go "Ahhhhhhhhhhh" What a special time for your fam. I know how awesome sisters are! I love em'? My sister, Julie is coming in a week with her family and we can't wait. Did you hear that Janielle just had her third baby? It's a boy. He's adorable. His name is Ty. We are coming to Clifton on June 10 to the 25. My nephew is getting married and we found super cheap tickets! We are excited to see home and family again. Sorry this became a huge news update. Hope all remains well with you especially with those nasty colds. Take care.
What a great weekend visit and great baby blessing. I'm jealous of the Clifton time, but, I'm always jealous of all things that I miss, which is everything. G.O. Maryland!! I'm glad you got through it all just fine and you should take a picture of your flowers. I want to see them. Jane's comments were hilarious.
Mac is so handsome, seriously -- what a charmer!
Ok, so now I see that there is a competition going on with making comments -- now I feel such pressure to stalk blog . . .or whatever it is called
Post a Comment