We do not recommend applesauce. That was too much work. But, the pie filling and preserved apple slices was fun.
This is Savannah picking apples. She reminded me of a little farm girl.
Here is Tanner. Can you see him? Look closely!
He loved picking apples and really wants to be like Johnny Appleseed.
we picked the entire heavy tree and it was neat to see the branches lift as we pulled and picked.
Now we have apples on every shelf and in every night time dream or nightmare...apple pie anyone?
9 comments:
Well, Melissa(friend) I'm not sure I agree that the whole situation was fun but I do like having shelves full of our hard work!
Melissa those jars look yummy. I am proud of you guys. Vavey gave us some of her peaches and pears and I am just dying to have more home canned foods. Maybes you could let me try some of your hard work whenever it is that I come to your house again. :)
Way to go Guts! It is always rewarding to look at the jars on the shelf.
Dang girl, I hope those shelves are strong...that's a lot of apples.
Yes, we did love our chairs and yes, we did paint them. They were from World Market which was the only place that carried them (back in 2002). Now they've become very trendy and I've even seen similar ones at Target...
Melissa and Mandy,
I just have to tell you. Kaylynn Hickman and I did the exact same thing when we both lived in Twin and I had apple trees. We spent the whole day and only got a few quarts of applesauce but at least we had fun doing it. (our kids suffered but at least we had fun) Miss you guys. Check out our blog at Williamswildbunch.blogspot.com
Hey Guts, We just went apple picking. I was going to dehydrate mine, but that looks tasty. Mabes I'll have a new thought about it. HMMMM
Wow! I am impressed. Way to go! That is a lot of work. Some day maybe I'll be as dedicated as you. By the way...I'll take an apple pie any day!
Gutz, we also just did a bunch of apple picking. So now I have to go through all my apples and decide what to do with them. I think I will dry most of them. I love dried apples! You guys are cute, and I always think you look like you have so much fun.
SHeesh Meliss! You're my hero! And I love the cardboard box post. Savannah sleeping in hers cracked me up. That reminds me of something Jack would do. He's always very specific about where and with what he'll sleep. (He usually takes toys and books to bed with him and loves to try out new blankets, beds, etc.
Post a Comment