Nathan had a trip to Florida from Sunday morning to Wednesday late. I left Saturday with the kiddies and went to my parents for the Carnival and Parade, returned Wednesday afternoon.
The 'incident' happened sometime in there.
We returned home and Tanner was in charge of putting the videos away from the car.
"mom, something is wrong"
(complaining to myself, what is it, I am trying to get stuff put away!)
"Mom, something is really wrong, my feet are wet".
GREAT SCOTT BATMAN!
I drop the backpack and run down the stairs. This is what I saw
I could have added some fish and had myself an aquarium. Only problem is the water was literally flowing over the window sill and down the wall onto the floor
The outcome: A MASSIVE GIANT MESS!
We will pay for the insurance deductible and the Restoration Company will tear down sheet rock, tear out the insulation, carpet pad, baseboards and then redo all those including painting the entire living room walls to match it perfectly with what I have done already.
The water seeped into our food storage room, luckily it only affected the plastic buckets! Big time Whew! (but the vinyl flooring has to be replaced) It seeped into my craft room. Oh the fun!
I certainly hope the little person enjoyed that drink of water!!
Oh, the trip for us and Nathan's trip was enjoyable, but not so much now.
Thank you to the awesome incredible neighbors I have that I called in my state of panic and they were here so fast!
our lesson learned:
Put a lock and key on all tap spigots.
7 comments:
I feel awful that we weren't there in your time of need but grateful that we can't be blamed for the flood!
These pictures make me sick - literally! Will you describe them a little more. That first one with the window, which one is that? Is the picture taken from inside?
Oh my heck! That looks awful. I'm sorry that happened to you guys. YOu seem to have a good attitude about it. I know i wouldn't be that nice about it. That really is the craps. I'm sorry.
Terrible times!!! I can't believe it. I hope your deductible isn't that big. At least you don't know who did it, so you can't secretly be mad at some dang kid for the next 20 years or so.
(Great Scott Batman!) That's hilarious, although that isn't exactly the phrase that would be coming out of my mouth if I came home to that. Did you have a little "chat" with the neighbor kids?
So sorry Guts. That would be the ultimate worst thing to happen. I would probs just want to sit down and cry. How much would something like that cost to fix? I wouldn't even want to think about my stuff getting all wrecked up. Hope all goes well with the new construction.
We had the same thing happen to us in Utah. Our nieghbors sprinkler pipe burst and the property slanted down towards our window well. Roger happened to see it as he walked by downstairs and I immediately ran outside with our car washing bucket and started bailing out water like my life depended on it. Lesson learned? I hate basements and 4 foot high water and white t-shirts DON'T MIX (yeah, like that was something I thought about before jumping in). Not to mention I couldn't climb out afterwards since I was stuck knee high in gooey mud. Gotta love that. I'm so sorry -that totally sucks for you!!!!
Post a Comment